Pages

Subscribe

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Peter Boyle Dies

Peter Boyle played Frank on Everybody Loves Raymond was are arguably the funniest character on the show. Personally, I think he was by far the funniest. No questions. His catch phrase "holy crap" was timed perfectly.

Nothing was ever funnier than when Robert and Raymond were fighting over the paint when they were painting Ray's house, and they accidentally covered their mom (played by Doris Roberts) with paint. Frank (Peter Boyle) comes around the corner and casually says "that could use another coat."
Haha, brilliant. Such a funny guy and his death is such a loss for comedy. Here's something I bet you didn't know. John Lennon was Peter's best man at his wedding. Cool, no?

Let's list off some of Peter Boyle's best quotes:

"“Opera? Just what the world needs: more fat women screaming."

"I could have eaten a box of Alpha-Bits and crapped a better interview!"

"You don't know a monkey wrench from a monkey's ass. "

"'Luck' is the residue of good planning."

"What in the holy name of crap are you talking about?"

"Holy Crap!"

"You're even dumber than I tell people. "

[Frank walks in to everybody yelling] "Be quiet! Be quiet! " [Everybody quiets down] "I'm hungry."

"Maybe that's why I like animals. Woof. Moo. Quack. They tell it like it is."

"You're a trophy wife? What contest in hell did I win?"

[Debra just got the book "To Kill a Mockingbird"] "I killed a bird once."

No comments: