Pages

Subscribe

Monday, April 23, 2007

You're So Gregarious!

Are you offended by that? Honestly... what was your first impression? It sounds like such a devious and menacing adjective, doesn't it? Sounds like something a news reporter would use to describe a murder or something... "It was a vicious and gregarious murder today at the dog park..." or "that gregarious monster ruthlessly beat his victim...."

Words are funny. Because gregarious actually has absolutely nothing to do with super villains (or even just normal villains). It's Dictionary.com's word-of-the-day today, and apparently it means "Seeking and enjoying the company of others". Cool eh?

So honestly, leave a comment and say what your first impression of this word. Would you have been offended if someone randomly called your gregarious (before you knew what it meant)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fool read a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I definitely like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap age list and disposition be checking assist soon. Please report register out my site as ok and fail me know what you think. Thanks.