Pages

Subscribe

Monday, May 15, 2006

Sony Pushes Wii?

Sony, the creators of the Playstation game consoles, are pushing Nintendo's new system; Nintendo Wii. Formerly known by its code name (Nintendo Revolution), the Wii is expected to completely revolutionize gaming. Sony executive Phil Harrison has recommended that everyone who buys a PS3 should also purchase the new Nintendo Wii. Harrison admits that Nintendo has really done an excellent job on the console and believes that any gamer should have the system. In addition to this though, Harrison is angry at Microsoft for criticizing Sony's pricing structure and therefore is pushing the Wii over the XBox 360.

Personally, I think it takes a lot of guts to promote your competitors. When Nintendo gave up on the Game Cube shortly after its release, it fell onto the backburner of most gamers minds. Sony, on the other hand, went all out in promoting and improving their PS2 and making sure that quality games were being released regularly for it, something Nintendo seriously needs to focus on. Although Nintendo is optimistic about the Wii, and it may even be the better system, it would still be a surprise if the Wii had higher sales than the PS3, simply because Sony has proved that it is serious about making a lot of games, a good quality games, whereas Nintendo severely fell behind last round.

Either way, I am pumped for Wii. Just those controllers make it worth buying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

please email me I have a questionon Nintendo wii
gary@winelibrary.com

Tim said...

Say wah? Could you link to the article you got this from please? I can't believe that Sony is activly promoting someone else's product that will compete directly with one of their top products.

Fortress Customer Experience said...

They're not so much promoting it as just saying that gamers should buy a Wii in addition to a PS3, instead of an XBox 360 in addition to the PS3. Like don't expect to see any Nintendo commercials sponsered by Sony or anything.

Anonymous said...

since it's launch on November 19th the Wii has outsold all other gaming systems combined.

Anonymous said...

Good blog - very interesting!! Thought you might like some excellent advice on driving extra traffic to your website/blog - I'm into ps2 game console and to drive traffic to my website I was searching around the internet for absolutely ages looking for SEO tools to fire my site up the Google search engine, then I signed up free for this superb traffic gereating tool - I now have loads of hits to my websites/blogs and my site is shooting up the Google rankings quicker than ever before.

Consequently this can see your affiliate commissions shoot through the roof - meaning lots of extra money coming in for you and your family. Sign up now - it's free.
. Sorry if this information is of no use to you but seeing as you have the anonymous feature enabled I thought I should share this free bit of essential promotional advice with you and would hope you would do the same for me.

I hope the tool will serve you equally as well as it has me!!

Best of luck, cheers for now, dave.