Pages

Subscribe

Monday, March 20, 2006

Poking Holes = Bad

A couple of weeks ago, people around St. John's were shocked when a girl went home from school feeling sick, and ended up passing away a few hours later. This mother of two children who went to Booth Memorial High School had recently gotten a body piercing which got infected, causing toxic shock which killed her.

Now, I may poke a lot of fun in my blogs, but no, I am not going to make fun of this girl. That's cruel. But I AM going to make fun of the health minister in this province, who gave some incredibly insightful information the other day: "poking holes in your skin can cause infection."

I'll wait for you to get over the shock of that... ok that's more than enough time. Yes, this brilliant health minister apparently thought it necessary to say that if you jab a piece of metal, no matter how sterile, through your skin, it can allow bacteria to get inside you. Wonderful advice. The other part of the health minister's speach was her advice to the school age children: "If you want to get a body piercing... don't do it!"

I laughed when I heard that. An old lady telling all these rebelleous school kids not to do something... if anything, I think she may have inspired some to go do it. Sure everyone wants to be a rebel these days. Isn't that MTV's theme now? If that lady really wanted to discourage kids form getting a body piercing, she should've showed them her stomach with a big ol' dirty navel ring in it. Old lady with a body piercing... I'm sure all the cool kids will want to be just like her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol good call Brad....most of it even makes sense :P

Fortress Customer Experience said...

Haha yes, I strive to make sense once in a while.