Pages

Subscribe

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Clean Up Vancouver, Not Yourselves

The mayor of Vancouver has come up with a great idea. Well, he thinks it's great anyways. He is putting $500 000 into a program to provide free drugs to addicts if they agree to help clean up down town Vancouver in preparations for the 2010 Olympic games. Yes, that's right. If you can't afford to feed your heroine addiction, just grab a broom and the city will pay for all the heroine you need.

Of course I'm not promoting heroine use or anything like that. I think the mayor is a moron for proposing such a thing. He calls in a "win-win" situation. I laughed. He, to my surprise, received much criticism for proposing this idea but defends himself by saying that these people will get their drugs regardless, but at least this way they won't have to mug people and break into stores for it.

I'll admit, he has a good point. But I still think if I knew my tax dollars were going towards supplying the town's dead beats with their marijuana and cocaine, I may consider moving to a new town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man. That is hilarious. True, they will get their drugs anyway, but seriously, giving addicts drug money is not helping them. Get them clean, THEN give them a job cleaning up, so then they're off the drugs AND gainfully employed. Get the drugs off the streets, don't get more drugs on the streets. Dumbass politicians.

-Ginny

Rudy said...

You sure this is true? because I don't think that's even legel :S

Keep Lookin Up
Rudy

Anonymous said...

heroin.

heroin.


a heroine is something COMPLETELY different.