Pages

Subscribe

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Queen is 80

Queen Elizabeth turns 80 today. Apparently she has received over 17 000 birthday wishes via email, 20 000 via snail mail, and piles of people were waiting outside Winsor Castle to wish her happy birthday when she woke up. This hardly seems fair.

Everyone threw a huge deal when the Queen mother turned 101, but when you think about it, anybody could live that long if they sat around doing squat all. I'm sure the Queen is a very nice lady, but I work at least a hundred times harder than her, and I have nobody waiting outside my house to wish me happy birthday.

The Queen plans on going to a birthday dinner hosted by her son Charles later today, and then her suck-up son will broadcast a television special in honor of his mother. Wow, he really wants that crown.
This is 300 people in New Zealand who woke up early to make an "80" on the lawn of the Government House. I, personally, would prefer to sleep than to celebrate the birthday of some old lady that I don't even know and really has no real power over anything. But that's just me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the queen's stupid and pointless, they should put the entire royal family in a modest 3-bedroom home and sell the palace. Use the money for something useful, like feeding hungry people, or paying tom cruise to shoot himself. whatever.

-Ginny