Pages

Subscribe

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Habs Blow Away Hurricanes

Ok, that was a lame headline. I apologize.

So the Montreal Canadians didn't get beaten as badly as I had expected. In fact, they dominated, scoring six unanswered goals on Carolina Hurricane's goal tender, Martin Gerber. The Canes came out and scored on the Canadians just seconds into the game. I sighed at this point, assuming that another one of Canada's NHL teams were doomed, but then they scored, and scored again and again and again and again and again. I'd like to see Montreal win the series, just because they're a Canadian team, but I really am not getting my hopes up. Carolina had an incredible series and between their Brind'Amour and their new star, Eric Staal, it's really no surprise that they were just a couple point away from being the number one team in the east.

Other winners last night were New Jersey over New York, Colorado over Dallas, and Buffalo over Philadelphia.

No comments: